Deadline: April 7, 2017
Applications are now being accepted for the 13th annual Utah Arts Festival Commission for Chamber Ensemble, to premiere at the 2018 Utah Arts Festival, performed by the Sinfonia Salt Lake, under the Artistic Direction of Robert Baldwin.
Commission for Chamber Ensemble
The commissioned work will be an 8-12 minute work for a six-piece chamber ensemble and will feature the Sinfonia Salt Lake with Robert Baldwin as Artistic Director, and John Costa and Henry Wolking as Program Directors. The award is $3,000.
DEADLINE: Postmarked by Friday, April 7, 2017. No phone calls please. Any questions, contact John Costa at . The winner will be announced August 30, 2017.
- 2006 Jefferson Friedman - 78
- 2007 Philippe Bodin – M/ue
- 2008 Keeril Makan – Mercury Songbirds
- 2009 Kurt Rhode – Fratturato Teatro for Clarinet, Piano, Cello & Percussion
- 2010 Eric Moe – Strenuous Pleasures
- 2011 Ethan Wickman – Winter's Burst
- 2012 Timothy Kramer - Lake Effect
- 2013 Don Freund - Mixed Blood
- 2014 Rob Paterson - Hell's Kitchen
- 2015 Robert Honstein - Juno
- 2016 Randy Bauer - Five Grand Micro-Adventures
- Stacy Garrop - TBA