Volunteer must provide an electronic signature when signing up for shifts and present a valid photo ID upon checking in for Volunteer shift. With an electronic signature, volunteers agree to all terms of this agreement regarding participation as a volunteer for the Utah Arts Festival.
Volunteers under the age of 18 must have this document signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Steps to Volunteer
- Download the Utah Arts Festival Volunteer Agreement (pdf) or review all text below.
- Please read and review the entire Agreement.
- Your electronic signature on your application will be considered as your agreement to this document.
- Please bring your photo ID to your first shift so that we can confirm your identity and your signature.
- (And of course, be sure to sign up for your shifts.)
Utah Arts Festival Volunteer Agreement
THIS UTAH ARTS FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT (Agreement) is entered into on the date first written below by the undersigned individual ("Volunteer") and the Utah Arts Festival, a Utah non-profit corporation ("Festival"). Volunteer and Festival may be referred to collectively as the Parties and singularly as a Party.
THE PARTIES AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Volunteer desires to participate as an unpaid volunteer for the 2016 Utah Arts Festival (Arts Festival), scheduled for June 17 to June 28, 2016, upon the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. Volunteer's execution and return of this Agreement to Festival is a condition precedent to Volunteer's volunteering for the Festival.
2. Volunteer acknowledges and agrees that he/she is not an employee, agent, or contractor of the Festival. Volunteer further acknowledges that he/she has received no promise regarding and has no expectation of compensation of any sort and that he/she will not become eligible for any employment benefits as a result of the volunteer activities that he/she performs under this Agreement. Volunteer is agreeing to perform volunteer activities solely for his/her personal purposes, pleasure, or education.
3. Volunteer shall follow the rules and directions of the Festival at all times while acting as a volunteer. Volunteer shall not make any statements, orally or in writing, regardless of whether such statements are truthful, nor take any actions, which could disparage the reputation and/or goodwill of the Utah Arts Festival. Without limiting the foregoing, Volunteer may not self-promote himself or herself, take celebrity photographs or autographs, scalp volunteer tickets, or otherwise profit from gratuities or other volunteer privileges.
4. Volunteer will sign up for positions or shifts on a flexible schedule during the Arts Festival. Volunteer will provide volunteer services during the shifts he/she chooses. Volunteer may be re-assigned to different positions by the Volunteer Coordinators in accordance with the needs of the Festival for the scheduled shift the Volunteer has chosen.
5. Volunteer is expected to arrive on time and complete each shift. Volunteer will notify his/her supervisor and Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible if he/she anticipates missing a shift due to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies. Unexcused absences and habitual tardiness may affect Volunteer's ability to volunteer for future Festivals.
6. Volunteer is requested to cancel any assigned shift within 48 hours of shift start time.
7. Volunteer will not participate in Festival activities during his/her scheduled volunteer shifts.
8. Volunteer will not use or possess alcohol or any controlled substances or engage in any illegal activities while providing volunteer services or while on Festival grounds.
9. Volunteer must check in at the Volunteer Booth approximately 30-60 minutes prior to the scheduled shift start time for entry to the Festival's grounds. Volunteers may not enter Festival grounds at any entry gate other than the Volunteer Gate for dates and shifts they are scheduled to volunteer for.
10. Volunteer will return all equipment provided by the Festival for Volunteer's services in good working condition.
11. As a sign-up volunteer, subject to the terms of this Agreement, Volunteer will receive the following privileges:
- (a) one volunteer t-shirt, and
- (b) one festival admission ticket for each day that you volunteer for the Arts Festival. Festival ticket will be provided upon completion of volunteer work.
12. Volunteer will not, without the prior written consent of the Festival, use or disclose the following information ("Confidential Information"): any information furnished to Volunteer, or learned during his/her volunteer services or during the course of the Arts Festival, by virtue of the rights granted under this Agreement, including, without limitation, the identity of attendees of the Arts Festival, the dates and whereabouts of special events related to the Arts Festival, the terms of any agreements related to the Festival, information about ticket sales or revenues, and proprietary information, including, without limitation, trade secrets and know-how, except as otherwise required by law or court order. Confidential Information does not include information that is available to the public through no act of Volunteer or is approved for release by the written authorization of the Festival.
13. This Agreement will commence on the date first written below and continue until completion of the Arts Festival, unless sooner terminated by either Party with or without cause immediately upon notice to the other Party. Upon termination, Volunteer will promptly cease all activities in connection with the Arts Festival and vacate the Festival's grounds. In addition, Volunteer will lose all of his/her volunteer privileges granted under this Agreement.
14. Volunteer acknowledges that he/she participates willingly and voluntarily in providing volunteer services and assumes full and sole responsibility for personal injury, accidents or illness, including death, and for damage to or loss of personal property while providing volunteer services. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Volunteer will release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Festival, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, managers, other volunteers, contractors, and representatives (collectively "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, demands, liens, and actions of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to attorney fees and defense costs (collectively Liabilities) arising out of, related to, or in connection with this Agreement. The release, indemnification, hold harmless, and defense obligations extend, but are not limited to, Liabilities in favor of, claimed, demanded or brought by Volunteer, Volunteer's heirs, personal representatives, and assigns, the Indemnified Parties, or third parties on account of injury, death, property damage, or other losses, now existing or arising in the future. The provisions of this paragraph will survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
15. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Utah, excluding any choice of law provisions that would otherwise require application of laws of any other jurisdiction. In the event it becomes necessary for either Party to enforce its rights under this Agreement, then with or without litigation, the prevailing Party will be entitled to recover all reasonable expenses, including attorney fees and costs, arising out of the enforcement of its rights.
16. Neither Party may assign its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other Party.
17. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Parties concerning the subject matter, and it replaces and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous, oral or written, agreements, understandings, communications, and representations between the Parties. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by the Parties.
18. Volunteer hereby acknowledges that he/she has carefully read this Agreement and fully understands its contents. Volunteer is aware that this is a binding legal contract between him/her and the Festival and that it affects Volunteer's legal rights. Volunteer further acknowledges that he/she has had the opportunity to review this Agreement and to seek legal advice if he/she has any questions.
Download the Utah Arts Festival Volunteer Agreement so that you can print, sign, and return prior to beginning your first shift!