It’s time again for our annual Mask Exhibit! The Utah Arts Festival is looking for artists to participate in the 12th installment of this fun and creative fundraising effort. Our goal is to represent a variety of mediums, highlight the work of local artists, and garner financial support for the 2024 Utah Arts Festival scheduled for June 28-30, 2024.
2024 will mark the 20th anniversary of our Masquerade Party fundraiser (formerly Tardy Mardi Party) and we want to make this our best celebration yet! Over the past decade the Mask Exhibit has been a big part of the fun and a kick-off to this critical fundraising effort for the Utah Arts Festival and our programs.
Whether it’s a longtime party-goer, or someone new to attending, unique, creative masks that aren’t available anywhere else are always in demand. The Mask Exhibit has become a treasured tradition among party-goers, even developing a group of collectors over the years!
We welcome artists of all levels and mediums to apply. For questions please contact Molly Bitton (
APPLY NOW by completing the online form below.
- Creative within the mask theme. While we would like the majority of masks to be wearable we will also consider work that is not wearable so long as it falls within the mask theme. Please contact us if you have questions about your specific work.
- Reasonably priced. We would like to offer a variety of masks at various price ranges. On the application you will be asked to select a range in which you plan to price your work. We understand this can change as the process evolves.
- Include a representative sample of your work. This can be a photo of previous masks you’ve created, a drawing of an idea you have for a mask – anything that gives us a general sense of what the final product might look like.
- Monday, December 4th – Deadline for submission of application and representative sample.
- Friday, December 8th – Selected artists will be notified.
- Monday, December 18th – Deadline to turn in your signed Terms & Conditions form as well as your bio and headshot.
- Wednesday, January 10th – Masks must be delivered to the office no later than this date with Mask Exhibit Agreement completed and signed in order to be eligible for insurance.
- Thursday, February 1st – Private event for donors and Board members to preview/purchase the masks before the online gallery opens to the public. Participating artists are invited to attend.
- Friday, February 2nd – Monday, February 19th – Exhibit opens to the public online.
- Week of February 19th (office closed on the 19th for President’s Day) – Unsold masks to be picked up. We will notify you as soon as possible if your piece is sold. If your mask does not sell you have the option to enter it into the silent auction during the Masquerade Party on February 24th, 2024.
Accepted Artists Will Receive:
- 30% commission on the amount the piece sells for.
- Promotion in our press release, in our email newsletter, and on social media. We’ll talk about you wherever we can!
- One complimentary ticket per artist to attend the Masquerade Party on February 24, 2024.
- Opportunity to purchase up to three additional tickets at a discounted rate of $50 each (normally $65).
For questions please contact Molly Bitton (