Utah Arts Festival Studio Tour 2022
The Utah Arts Festival Studio Tour is an art stroll featuring artists working in various mediums. Stemming from the Wasatch Studio Tour, the Utah Arts Festival is excited to expand the program and present the first statewide artist open studio weekend happening October 21-23, 2022. Studio guests can meet artists, ask questions, and purchase original works.
- Dates: October 21-23, 2022
- Friday "Opening Night" celebrations, 6pm-9p
- Saturday & Sunday, 10am to 6pm
- Cost: Studio Tours are free for the public to attend
Artist Registration Fees:
- Individual (1 artist, 1 location): $100
- Group (2+ artists, 1 location): $85 per artist
Artist Registration Deadline: September 6, 2022
- All participants are dedicated artists. Both established and emerging artists are welcome
- Live or have a studio in Utah where you can display, sell and discuss your work. (If you are partnering with one or more artists, choose the group option at registration.)
- Be willing to invite guests into your studio or group site October 21-23, 2022. (Must be open Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm with the option to participate in UAF Studio Tour “Opening Night” celebrations Friday 6 pm - 9 pm
- Display and sell only original works created by the registered artists for both individual and group sites
- Each participating artist will have a minimum of 8-10 works for display or purchase
- Each site must have a designated site coordinator with a working email address and access to the internet
- Be able to facilitate and manage art sales, including making arrangements with gallery representatives if necessary
- Provide the following items for the website and mobile pass listing
- Artists Description/Bio (80-200 words)
- Image (as .jpg or .png, 1280 x 640 - only 1 per listing)
- Artist website (and/or social media)
- Promote UAF Studio Tour participation and the mobile tour pass through personal contacts, yard signs, posters, guest check-in signs, social media, email, ETC.
- Complete a post-tour evaluation
Who can participate in the UAF Studio Tour? Any full or part-time artist working in Utah.
When is the deadline to register? All studios and group sites must be registered by September 6, 2022 to participate.
When is the UAF Studio Tour? October 21-23, 2022. Studios must be open Saturday and Sunday with the option to participate in UAF Studio Tour “Opening Night” celebrations Friday.
Where does the UAF Studio Tour take place? Any registered studio or group site is located in Utah.
I live outside Utah. Can I participate? Yes, you can join or partner with an artist or group site in Utah to open a weekend studio to display and sell your work. You must be present at the studio tour to participate.
My studio is in my home. Can I still participate? Yes. Many artists work out of their homes, and if you are comfortable inviting people into your space, this will be an excellent opportunity for you to interact with the public and let them see what makes you an artist. After registering, you will be invited to an online workshop on conducting a successful open studio, including one in your home studio.
I am not comfortable inviting the public into my home. How can I participate? We understand that not all artists comfortably invite people into their home studio. The best alternative is to partner with other artists or studios as a group site.
What are the benefits of participating in the UAF Studio Tour?
- Sales opportunities
- Connection with new art lovers and collectors
- Listing on easy-to-use mobile Utah Arts Festival Studio Tour pass
- Inclusion in all marketing programs and materials
- Develop relationships with existing collectors and customers
- Friends and family experience “what you do”...
- Interaction with the art-interested public
- Share new ideas and concepts
- Collaboration with other artists
- Participation in a statewide arts event
- Motivation to clean and organize your studio and share work with new audiences
How much does it cost for artists to register? Registration Fees: Individual (1 artist, 1 location): $100, Group (2+ artists, 1 location ): $85 per artist
What if I can’t be open on all the days of the tour? We understand that not all artists can be available all three days, but would still like to participate. Please select the open dates on the registration form.
I have gallery representation. Can I still participate? Yes. Artists with gallery representation are responsible for making arrangements with their respective galleries.
I am part of an artist collective. Can I participate? Yes. The group site option is perfect for artist collectives.
Can I share studio space with a friend or two? Yes. We encourage artists to form group sites and enjoy partnership benefits, including reduced participation fees, increased traffic, and artist camaraderie.
|Event End Date||10-23-2022|
|Cut Off Date||09-06-2022 11:55 pm|
|Price||Individual (1 artist, 1 location): $100 // Group (2+ artists, 1 location): $85 per artist|